The Gisborne Girls thought that you may like to join us in a bit of a challenge with a touch of fun.
The Gisborne Quilters
Great Shirt Challenge
Idea lovingly stolen from the
Sunbury Stitchers and Quilters Group
(With permission of course)
To be in this challenge you will need GUTS, STAMINA, DETERMINATION followed by a touch of IMAGINATION
And not forgetting 6 X 100% Cotton Shirts. These shirts will be cut up into 6 pieces and then distributed amongst the willing participants.
- Use as much shirt fabric as you can for the front of the quilt.
- If you wish you may add ONE other fabric of your choice to help tie the shirt fabrics together – the amounts can be as much or as little as you want.
- There is to be no dyeing of fabrics...although you may reverse the shirt fabric if you prefer the other side.
- Backing will be a fabric of your choice.
- Binding will be a fabric of your choice.
- Under no circumstances are men to be harmed in any way when sourcing your shirt fabric. (Remember ladies you can look, bribe or barter but don’t touch)
- You will have 12 months to complete this task (Starting on the 25th of August 2014 and the end date to show your creation will be the 29th of August for The Mill Rosie Friends)
So if you would like to join in the fun please have your shirts with you at the August Mill Rosie Meet where we will cut them up and then randomly disperse them amongst the players.
Any questions please contact either Tracee or Marg